Picture adopted from Vegan Yack Attack. This colorful recipe is tasty, and it’s filled with plenty of antioxidants and healthy fats. Enjoy!
Ready in: 15 minutes·
- 1 large butternut squash·
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil·
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste·
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 cup roasted brusselsprouts·
- 1 small apple, cored and diced·
- 3 tablespoons pistachios, chopped·
- 1 large scallion, thinly sliced·
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- Juice of 1 large orange·
- 2 tablespoons tahini·
- 1 teaspoon hemp seeds·
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Slice the butternut squash in half lengthwise and transfer to a rimmed baking sheet.
- Remove and discard the seeds. Drizzle with the coconut oil, sea salt and pepper. Roast for 30 to 35 minutes or until the squash is fork tender.
- Remove the squash from the oven and set aside for 10 minutes, then peel the squash, discard the skin and cut the flesh into thin slices. Place the arugula in a large bowl. Add the butternut, brussel sprouts, cranberries, apple, pistachios and scallion.
- In a small bowl, whisk the orange juice and tahini until it creates a creamy dressing consistency. Drizzle this dressing over the salad. Season with sea salt and pepper, as needed and serve.
Nutritional analysis per serving: calories 281 • fat 16 g • saturated fat 8 g • cholesterol 0 mg • fiber 10 g • protein 7 g • carbohydrate 24 g • sodium 170 mg