- 1 cup pumpkin, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1 cans pumpkin puree
- 1 cup vegetable or bone broth
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of curry powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic. Sauté until the onion becomes translucent.
- Stir in the curry powder, ground cumin, and ground coriander. Cook for another minute or until fragrant.
- Add the cubed pumpkin and chickpeas to the skillet. Cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the diced tomatoes, broth, pumpkin puree and coconut milk. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Cover the skillet and let the mixture simmer for about 20-25 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
- Serve your pumpkin and chickpea curry hot, over cauliflower rice or cooked quinoa. garnished with fresh cilantro leaves.
This hearty and flavorful dish not only celebrates the taste of fall but also provides a nutritious meal packed with the health benefits of pumpkin.
Nutrition Per Serving : 1 Cup
Calories 257, Protein : 9g, Carbs 29g Fiber 9g,Sugar: 5 g, Fat 11 g