This frittata-like Persian dish is packed with flavorful herbs that will leave you feeling refreshed and satisfied. In Persian cuisine,(what I grew up on) herbs are treated not as seasonings, but as vegetables. So be prepared for the incredible herb flavors.
Perfect for breakfast, brunch, or as a side with dinner, you can serve this dish as is or with some yogurt. Enjoy!!
4 tbsp Olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
1/2 cup Fresh Parsley chopped
1/4 cup Fresh Dill chopped
2 Green Onions chopped
1 tsp Kosher Salt
3/4 tsp Ground turmeric
1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- In a bowl, add the eggs, turmeric, paprika, black pepper, cumin and salt. Whisk the mixture until the egg turns frothy and keep it aside.
- In a pan with medium heat, pour 2 tbsp of oil, add diced onions and saute until it turns golden brown
- Add the chopped spinach leaves, chopped dill, green onion and parsley and allow them to wilt
- Now pour the spinach mixture into beaten eggs and mix well to even them.
- Add the remaining 2 tbsp of oil to the warm pan and pour in the eggs and spinach mixture. Allow the eggs to cook for 2 minutes or until you see slight brown color on its sides.
- Close the pan with a lid and cook for about 3 minutes in low heat
- Open the lid and the spinach omelet is ready for you to taste and enjoy!