Home-made Energy Bars!
These snack bars will definitely cure you of any food cravings, which makes them great as an emergency backup!
You Will Need:
1½ cups rolled oats (use gluten-free if desired)
¼ cup flax seed meal
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
⅓ cup pumpkin seeds
1 cup almonds
½ cup agave nectar
1 cup natural peanut butter (or nut butter of choice)
½ cup chocolate chips
– Line an 8×8 pan or baking dish with parchment paper
– In a large bowl, combine the oats, flax seed meal, seeds and nuts; mix thoroughly.
– Add agave nectar to the mixture and stir until well coated.
– Add peanut butter (or other nut butter) to the mixture and mix until well combined.
– Scoop the mixture into the prepared pan/baking dish and press firmly until it is evenly distributed.
– Remove the entire block from pan/baking dish, then cut into 10 bars.
Best to store them in the freezer. Enjoy!!
Leave a Comment