How to Eat Healthy While Traveling
- If you’re going to have a cooler, or eat them within a couple of hours, try fresh fruit or boiled eggs (don’t forget the ice packs).
- Unsalted nuts and seeds (I love walnuts and pumpkin seeds myself).
- Dried or even freeze-dried fruit.
- Fresh fruits like apples, berries or oranges
- Sliced veggies (carrots, celery, cucumber, broccoli, etc.) with a dip (hummus, guacamole, salad dressing, etc.). You can even buy single-serving packs at Costco.
- Home made protein bars – make your own before heading out. FIND THE RECIPE HERE
- Savory snacks like roasted chickpeas.
- High-quality protein powder to make your own smoothies (BEE FIT PROTEIN is my favorite ). Be sure to also pack a mini blender, like a Magic Bullet, if needed.
- And don’t forget your drinks. Bring some water with you. Or if you’re flying, choose water in the airport and on the plane.
HOW TO FIND HEALTHY FOOD AT YOUR DESTINATION
Of course, you can always Google your destination and search for grocery stores or healthy restaurants. But there are a couple of websites and apps that may be helpful for you.
- FindMeGlutenFree -A website that searches for gluten-free restaurants around the US.
- HealthyOut -An app that helps you find restaurants that cater to your dietary preferences, be they gluten-free, lactose-free, low-calorie, low-carb, etc.
- Food Tripping -Designed for road trips, this app helps you find alternatives to fast food.
Traveling often comes with unnecessary junk food that can derail your healthy lifestyle. Planning ahead and being prepared can be simple, and help keep your health goals on track even when you’re out and about!
Great info there is another Restaurant Guide something Cow that will give you places to eat that are vegan and veg.
Great to know! Thanks