Mother’s Day is a time to celebrate and appreciate the incredible women who have nurtured us throughout our lives. While this day may involve indulging in decadent meals and treats, it is important to maintain a healthy and balanced diet. Here are some tips on how to eat healthy on Mother’s Day while still enjoying the day to the fullest.
Here are 5 simple tips on how to eat healthy on Mother’s Day.
- Start the Day with a Healthy Breakfast: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and sets the tone for the rest of the day. Start the day with a healthy breakfast that includes lean protein, healthy fats, and whole grains. A few great options include a veggie omelet with 1/2 c berries, avocado toast with smoked salmon, or Greek yogurt with fresh fruit and nuts.
- Cook a Healthy Meal at Home: Instead of going out to eat at a restaurant, consider cooking a healthy and delicious meal at home. This way, you can control the ingredients and ensure that the meal is balanced and nutritious. Choose recipes that include lean protein, whole grains like brown rice or quinoa, and plenty of vegetables.
- Opt for Healthier Options: If you do choose to eat out, look for healthier options on the menu. Choose dishes that are grilled, baked, or roasted instead of fried. Avoid dishes that are loaded with heavy sauces or cheeses. Opt for a salad with lean protein, such as grilled chicken or shrimp, or a side of roasted vegetables.
- Practice Portion Control: Mother’s Day may involve indulging in treats and desserts, but it’s important to practice portion control. Enjoy your favorite treats in moderation and balance them out with healthier options throughout the day. For example, enjoy a small slice of cake with fresh berries for dessert or a few bites of your favorite chocolate.
- Stay Hydrated: Drinking plenty of water throughout the day is essential for maintaining a healthy diet and can help with balanced energy. Opt for water or unsweetened beverages instead of sugary drinks or alcohol. If you do choose to indulge in a cocktail, limit your intake and drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
Celebrating Mother’s Day can involve indulging in delicious meals and treats, but it’s important to maintain a healthy and balanced diet. By following these tips, you can enjoy the day while also taking care of your health and wellbeing.
Happy Mother’s Day to all the incredible mothers out there!
Also, to help you celebrate this year’s Mother’s Day like no other, I’ve collected these delicious, decadent brunch ideas for the special day.