This recipe is a fabulous way to incorporate pumpkin into your Holiday meal instead of the same old pumpkin pie. Try this delicious mousse made with pumpkin, vegan coconut cream, and coconut oil. It is light, fluffy, and packed with zinc, magnesium, fiber, and protein. To garnish this dish, just add some cinnamon, pumpkin seeds, or fresh mint!
1 cup coconut cream, softened
2 tbsp raw honey
1 cup baked pumpkin, pureed and chilled, or canned pumpkin puree
1 whole egg
1 egg yolk
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup coconut milk
- In blender whip coconut cream and honey until smooth.
- Add pumpkin and continue blending followed by adding eggs, yolks and pie spice.
- Finally, add coconut milk and blend.
- Pour into medium serving bowl and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve in ramekins and sprinkle on pecans or pumpkin seeds.