A warm, foamy pumpkin spice latte is just the beverage that I am craving during this time of the year. However, I took a quick look at the nutritional content of most of the coffee shop’ pumpkin spice latte, and found that a standard pumpkin spice latte can pack up to 50 grams of sugar per serving! So I have decided to make my own version of
- 1 cup of coconut or almond milk
- 2 TBSP pure canned or fresh pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of coffee
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Heat the mixture by simmering for about 5 minutes until hot. Stir often.
- Top with a dash of cinnamon, and enjoy!
- If you are using canned pumpkin and won’t use the whole can, freeze the rest in ice cube trays and keep in a bag for Pumpkin Spice Smoothie Recipe