This recipe combines the savory roasted Brussels sprouts with the sweetness of cranberries and the tangy balsamic glaze, creating a delightful flavor profile. It’s a perfect complement to your Thanksgiving feast while providing a dose of Vitamin K2 from the Brussels sprouts. Enjoy!
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional, for added crunch)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the halved Brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat the sprouts evenly.
- Spread the Brussels sprouts on a baking sheet in a single layer. Roast them in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until they are tender and slightly crispy on the edges. Stir or toss them halfway through the roasting time for even cooking.
- Once the Brussels sprouts are done roasting, transfer them to a serving dish. Sprinkle the dried cranberries over the top.
- Drizzle the balsamic glaze over the Brussels sprouts and cranberries, and toss gently to coat.
- sprinkle toasted pecan on top for added flavor and texture.
Per 1 serving:
Calories: 125kcal, Protein: 2g, Fat: 7g, Carbohydrates: 3g, Dietary Fiber: 4g, Sugars: 5, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 40mg