2 Acorn Squash
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tbsp Coconut Oil
1 lb Extra Lean Ground Turkey
2 tbsps Chili Powder
1 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Cumin
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1/4 cup Water
4 cups Baby Spinach (chopped and packed)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Carefully slice the pointy tips off the bottom of the acorn squash to create a flat surface. Then carefully slice them in half through the center. Carve out the seeds and pulp. Brush the inside of the halves with olive oil. Place face up on the baking sheet and bake for 35 – 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the turkey and saute until cooked through and browned. Break it up into tiny pieces as it cooks.
- Once the turkey is cooked through, stir in the chili powder, oregano, cumin, sea salt and water. Mix very well then add in the baby spinach and continue to stir just until wilted. Turn the heat to the lowest setting to keep warm until your squash is cooked.
- Remove squash from oven and stuff each half with the turkey/spinach mix. Top with hot sauce or salsa if you like. Enjoy!
Recipe Source: That Clean Life