Rather than serving up potato chips as your side dish, consider grilled sweet potato wedges. Sweet potatoes are rich in potassium, dietary fiber, and complex carbohydrates, so will give you lasting energy for hours to come.
- 3 medium Sweet Potatoes
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Wash sweet potatoes and lay them on a cutting board lengthwise. Starting at one end, slice sweet potato as thinly as possible into rounds. Try to be consistent in how thin you slice so the chips bake evenly. (Use a mandolin slicer if you have one.)
- In a mixing bowl, toss the sweet potato rounds with olive oil and season with sea salt.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the sweet potato rounds on the baking sheet in a single layer. Bake in oven on middle rack for 20 minutes. Flip the sweet potato and bake for another 10 to 20 minutes or until golden-brown (depending on the thickness of the rounds).
- Let cool. Drizzle a lime wedge over the chips and serve. If chips aren’t crispy enough, stick them back in the oven for another 10 minutes.