Vibrant Sweet Potato Kale Salad
With its mix of textures, flavors and bright colors, this hearty salad will brighten up your mood. If you’ve got vegans in the crowd, make extra so they can have this as a main!
- 1 bunch kale chopped (steam removed)
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1/2 large sweet potato peeled and cut in thin slices
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup black canned beans (washed and drained)
- 1 avocado peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
Citrus Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sumac
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- Add all dressing ingredients to a blender or jar, and mix together well.
- Destem kale, and then very thinly slice. Add to a salad bowl.
- Pour dressing over kale and massage in to completely coat, and then cover the salad and allow to soak for 4-5 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Peel sweet potato, cut into medium size cubes. Add to a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and lightly season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Roast sweet potato for 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve the salad, top the salad with black beans, onion, roasted sweet potato, avocado, and pumpkin seeds.
- Drizzle dressing, toss and serve.
Serve & enjoy!
I love it all thank u. Paula
Great! Enjoy 😊
Oh this sounds delicious!!!